AmigaActive (2137/2143)

From:Gary Peake
Date:31 May 2000 at 23:22:45
Subject:Re: New (May) Executive Update.

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000 00:48:43 -0500, Ian C Fyvie
<ian@ferret22.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Hello Daniel
>
>On 31-May-00, you wrote:
>
>>> Why not just send an email?
>>
>> Is it really as simple as that? Or will money have to change hands. Either
>> way, it could do with clarifying on the site, as Bill has got everyone
>> confused with this one :/
>
>THere was certainly no mention of "Money changing hands" on the Web site,
>and I doubt that Amiga would expect Users to Pay for the Right to use a
>logo on a web page!
>
>However on this list and on many others, There has been several "Topic's"
>Concerning, Either Companies selling Dubious software or sites offering
>Pirated
>goods! ......IF people have to register their sites and get permission to
>use the Amiga Name/Logo ....Then this could also be withdrawen from these
>people who openly use the AMIGA name to profit by advertising and selling,
>Copied goods.
>
>Surely if you have Nothing to worry about, There can be no harm in sending a
>simple email and obtaining official permission to display on your Site/Work
>
> "Recognised by Amiga"
>
>I don't recall Bill/Fleecy or Gary posting anything saying we had to Remove
>anything from our sites ...Just register it and get an official blessing!
>
>Perhaps there is one or two Companies out there who should be worried, But
>I'm not ;)

I am not snipping this one but I have to say ...

FINALLY ... a voice of reason.

Gary Peake
Director - Support
Amiga Inc.

Unless otherwise stated, my posts represent my
personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Scrap your search engine.
Inforocket.com is the fast way to the right answer - guaranteed.